Make print great again – together
Presented in co-operation with Nopa.
Based on industry news, statistics and general opinion, one would believe that the paper industry is disappearing faster and faster, mainly driven by digitalisation. In fact, the forest products industry overall has already started the journey of changes, and has prospects for new growth.
As late as in 2015, the worldwide demand for graphic paper declined for the first time ever. It is true that in Europe and North America, the drop has been significant already more than 10 years. But the industry as a whole is growing, and there are several sectors filling up the gap from the graphic sector, such as packaging, tissue paper, hygiene products and textiles.
Imagine if paper and print would be launched as a new invention today – what would the reaction be? A product which comes from renewable raw material, is recyclable, has a screen which is easily bigger than digital screens, needs no electricity to run and is less than a tenth of a millimetre thick.
One important thing, unfortunately not always remembered or even known, is the strength of a tangible product. Out of our five senses, touch is one of the most important. Incorporating this under-utilised sense into your customers’ marketing strategy triggers a reaction, and research shows this makes us value the product higher. Several studies prove the importance of this – it sells!
Here are some things that we, who are now stuck with printing or paper machinery designed for graphic end use, can do – and there is a lot more:
- Savings through automation of workflows and production
- Utilise smart software that analyses your efficiency and productivity
- Join totally new business segments, such as packaging
- Start a cooperation project in a new way up and/or down the value chain
- Actively increase your market size, e.g. get marketers to believe in print again
- Actively educate people of the environmentally healthy power of print
- Cut > 10 % of waste, warehouse or fixed costs.