Scandbook’s 2020 result – massive improvements
Book producer Scandbook posted strong 2020 results recently with sales reaching 303 million SEK (282m SEK 2019). The company also improved its operating result considerably to 19.4 million SEK (10.3m SEK 2019).
The demand for physical books has been high during the pandemic.
“Our conclusion is that the physical book has a very strong position even in times where one could believe that digitally distributed books should have their advantages,” says CEO Håvard Grjotheim in a comment to the results.
“During a very special year we have succeeded with both winning new clients and increase our result and cash flow. Our net debt has during 2020 been reduced from 33.2m SEK to 9.8m SEK.
Q4 2020 – a summary
- Net sales 80.7m SEK (68.9m SEK)
- EBITDA 13.0m SEK (9.7m SEK)
- EBIT 9.1m SEK (4.5m SEK)
- Earnings after tax 7.1m SEK (3.1m SEK)
January – December 2020 – a summary
- Net sales 302.7m SEK (282.3m SEK)
- EBITDA 38.3m SEK (33.9m SEK)
- EBIT 19.4m SEK (10.3m SEK)
- Earnings after tax 14.1m SEK (5.9m SEK)
- Net debt 22.6m SEK (49.9m SEK)